Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 is a popular fighting game that was released for the PlayStation 2 in 2007. Developed by Spike and published by Atari, the game is part of the Budokai Tenkaichi series and is based on the immensely popular Dragon Ball Z anime and manga series created by Akira Toriyama. The game is known for its extensive character roster, dynamic gameplay, and faithful representation of the Dragon Ball Z universe.
- Massive Character Roster:
- One of the standout features of Budokai Tenkaichi 3 is its impressive roster of playable characters. The game boasts over 150 characters, making it one of the largest character rosters in any Dragon Ball Z game.
- Interactive Environments:
- The game features destructible environments that add an extra layer of strategy to the battles. Players can use powerful attacks to destroy parts of the battlefield, affecting both the aesthetics and the gameplay.
- Three-Dimensional Battle System:
- Budokai Tenkaichi 3 utilizes a three-dimensional battle system that allows players to move freely in all directions during fights. This dynamic system captures the essence of the fast-paced and acrobatic combat seen in the Dragon Ball Z series.
- Epic Battle Modes:
- The game offers various game modes, including a Story Mode that follows the Dragon Ball Z storyline, a Tournament Mode for one-on-one battles, and a Dragon History mode that allows players to reenact iconic battles from the series. Additionally, there is a multiplayer mode for local multiplayer battles.
- Customization and Unlockables:
- Players can unlock and customize characters by earning Dragon Balls in battles. This adds an element of progression and encourages players to explore the various modes to unlock their favorite characters and additional content.
- Graphics and Sound:
- The game features vibrant and detailed graphics that capture the visual style of the Dragon Ball Z series. The character models are well-designed, and the special attacks are visually stunning. The game also includes voice acting from the original Japanese and English cast, contributing to the authentic Dragon Ball Z experience.
- Legacy and Reception:
- Budokai Tenkaichi 3 is often considered one of the best Dragon Ball Z games, praised for its extensive character roster, engaging gameplay, and faithful representation of the source material. It has garnered a dedicated fanbase and remains a nostalgic favorite among gamers who grew up with the PlayStation 2.
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 is a testament to the enduring popularity of the Dragon Ball Z franchise and continues to be celebrated by fans of both the anime series and the fighting game genre.